At the outset.. বাট চ'ৰাতে

Welcome to my world..
I am not a writer nor a poet. Just trying to narrate some of my experiences .. I am usually comfortable in writing in Assamese, my mother tongue. Have written few blogs in English and have tried my hands in composing few poems in Hindi too.. My Hindi speaking friends may excuse me for my audacity to do so..

মোৰ জগতলৈ আদৰিছো...
কোনো কবি সাহিত্যিক মই নহয়, কিছুমান অভিজ্ঞতাৰ বৰ্ণনা মাথোন কৰিছো ইয়াত.. মাতৃভাষা অসমীয়াতে লিখি ভাল পাওঁ যদিও ইংৰাজীতো লিখিছো.. হিন্দী ভাষাতো দুটামান কবিতা লিখিবলৈ চেষ্টা কৰি চাইছো....

Translate

Wednesday 12 December 2012

Convinced after a long time..


My friend Dhanalakshmi Ayer belongs to South India but did her schooling in Guwahati, Assam, my home city. We are batch mates in the sense that we appeared in our High School Leaving Certificate examination in the same year. Some of her school friends became my class mates in Cotton College, Guwahati and we became good friends. After the Pre-University examination in 1978, we went in different directions, some became doctors, some engineers, some professors and many went abroad.

My contact with most of them were restored , only a few years ago, through a yahoo group created exclusively for us, the 1976 batch mates in Cotton College. Old memories were relieved, we became virtual school children again and new friendships were also established.

This is how I and Dhanalakshmi Ayar came to know each other through internet. It was about 5 years ago and the contacts were alive through yahoo and face book.

Only recently, I along with my wife and son visited Chennai and went to meet my friend at her residence at Adyer. We came face to face for the first time. It was a short visit and after a satisfying meeting and breakfast, we left for Assam.

The other day, my wife called me excitedly to inform that Dhanalakshmi Ayer had called her from Chennai and they had a very long chat…

“Internet friendship and face book is not that bad...” she commented.

No comments:

Post a Comment