At the outset.. বাট চ'ৰাতে

Welcome to my world..
I am not a writer nor a poet. Just trying to narrate some of my experiences .. I am usually comfortable in writing in Assamese, my mother tongue. Have written few blogs in English and have tried my hands in composing few poems in Hindi too.. My Hindi speaking friends may excuse me for my audacity to do so..

মোৰ জগতলৈ আদৰিছো...
কোনো কবি সাহিত্যিক মই নহয়, কিছুমান অভিজ্ঞতাৰ বৰ্ণনা মাথোন কৰিছো ইয়াত.. মাতৃভাষা অসমীয়াতে লিখি ভাল পাওঁ যদিও ইংৰাজীতো লিখিছো.. হিন্দী ভাষাতো দুটামান কবিতা লিখিবলৈ চেষ্টা কৰি চাইছো....

Translate

Monday 22 April 2013

The day passed off nicely today....

The day passed off nicely today
No girl was raped
At the street corners no girl was teased. 
No one maligned any one
No m.m.s. was made on anyone 
The police also did not slap any woman
On the road no demonstrations were seen.
The day passed off well today
The corrupt officials were caught
Also leaders busy in worldly pleasure
And sadhus watching blue movies... 
It had been a fantastic day today
The price came down dramatically
People could have a meal peacefully
There was no accident on the road
Even a child could cross the road safely.
The day passed off really well
I have dreamed a dream today
The day...
============================
Origin (Hindi) Girish Pankaj
(आज का दिन बहुत अच्छा बीता)
Translated by Dr Makhan Lal Das

No comments:

Post a Comment