At the outset.. বাট চ'ৰাতে

Welcome to my world..
I am not a writer nor a poet. Just trying to narrate some of my experiences .. I am usually comfortable in writing in Assamese, my mother tongue. Have written few blogs in English and have tried my hands in composing few poems in Hindi too.. My Hindi speaking friends may excuse me for my audacity to do so..

মোৰ জগতলৈ আদৰিছো...
কোনো কবি সাহিত্যিক মই নহয়, কিছুমান অভিজ্ঞতাৰ বৰ্ণনা মাথোন কৰিছো ইয়াত.. মাতৃভাষা অসমীয়াতে লিখি ভাল পাওঁ যদিও ইংৰাজীতো লিখিছো.. হিন্দী ভাষাতো দুটামান কবিতা লিখিবলৈ চেষ্টা কৰি চাইছো....

Translate

Wednesday 26 June 2013

For you, my countrymen...

I guard the frontiers
Day in and day out
So that you feel safe
without any doubt.
When calamities strike
Endangering properties
And many a life
I stand by you
Putting service before self
If need be
Laying down my life
With utmost pride.
Do not ask me my name
Putting me into shame
For selfless service is
My name and real fame.


@ Dr Makhan Lal Das

No comments:

Post a Comment